Tales of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of War

An RP-based board, created for If Time Flies and its sequels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay

Go down 
+4
Strata
powerrave
Flying_Chao
H
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
H

H

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay 2lmum40
Name : Shiroikuroi

Character sheet
Name: Blaire Zenith

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Empty
PostSubject: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:51 am

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453239710

Strong is the challenge. Those who win get ranked. Those who lose don't. It's that simple.

...Well, that's how Shikasho told it to me, anyway. The way the Ranks and Houses were given out was a battle system - fight with whatever means necessary. Pokemon, magic, swords... It didn't matter to the regulators. Just show your worth, that's all they ask of you.

That's how I'm the Four Star Expert, the first in 1000 years. I wiped the floor with them with my powers AND my pokemon.

This was all good. I'm in Third Year now, two years behind Shikasho. However, the new Headteacher isn't nice. At all. In fact, I think she's plotting something. Which is why those Rocket people have started appearing, why Celebi's Heart Piece has suddenly disappeared...

Hello people! This is Trouble at Bay, the first Beginners' roleplay to appear on ToW! Now then, to the plot...

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Plot_by_Jymaru
I shall call this a "random plot" RP, as for the fact that it has little or no plot.
This is based on an RP called "Trouble at Bay". It's based in a school for Pokemon Trainers and people with special abilities. There's a group of special students here, led by the rebel Jynx, who know that something's going on in their school. For starters, Celebi's gone missing. With the plotlessness of "School Life" and the baseline plot of "Trouble at Bay", this is a good game for newbies to try out.

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Rules_by_Jymaru
-5 sentences please!
-No powerplaying. Godmodding I will allow but there will be times where I will say NO GODMODDING, so that you can learn how to use both. WARNING! You are not, I repeat NOT allowed to godmod and Expert's character. EVER.
-Intermediates and Advanced RPers, don't flame/bash the newbies, please!
-Alright, it doesn't usually happen on these forums but... To prove that you've read this, put NEWBIE somewhere in your post. The effects are just to help you find it, you don't have to put those on.
-Please, PLEASE use AT LEAST decent grammar. I can't stand having tons of unreadable posts. Dudes, it's the biggest cause for RP death.
- RATING TEEN. This means no, I repeat NO blood and gore, sex or over-dramatized romance. Let's keep our rating DOWN, shall we? Swearing is allowed, of course.

Last edited by The Insanity Factor on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:42 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tales-of-war.com
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:59 am

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453240176

The character sheet gives information on your character that you will use in the roleplay. Different Roleplays require different information. Let's take a look at some basic RP types.

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Anime_RolePlays_by_Jymaru
Anime roleplays are, quite simply, roleplays set in any anime, manga and/or SRPG with obvious surroundings. These RPs have pre-set areas and sometimes even pre-set characters. These roleplays usually require very little information, especially if the character is pre-set. Medabots (hosted by powerrave) is an example of an anime roleplay, as it is based in the Medabot universe. Pokemon World is also an anime RP, though it's debatable about GTA RP's position.

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Strategy_RolePlays_by_Jymaru
Strategy roleplays are roleplays which require certain skills to work. They usually have stats that are either pre-set or need to be filled out - the latter being a rather complicated procedure. These kind of RPs usually contain different races/classes that affect your stats in some way. The character sheets for these RPs are sometimes quite complicated, although this isn't always the case. I will be posting up an SRP soon. Almost all whole- RPs are SRPs. However, there's none of those on this site.

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Adventrue_RolePlays_by_Jymaru
Adventure roleplays are quite like strategy roleplays except that stats aren't needed. The character sheets for these are usually quite simple. The DisruptioN (hosted by powerrave) is an example of an adventure RP

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Battle_RolePlays_by_Jymaru
Battle roleplays are RPs set around battles, usually in a tournament or the like. Sometimes the character sheets for these are quite complicated, but not always. Battalion Wars (on Marriland Forums, hosted by me) is an example of this type of RP.

For learning reasons, this RP will be all of them.

Here is the character sheet for this RP:

Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Player status:[/b] (Are you a newbie, Intermediate, Advanced or Expert?)
[b]Name:[/b] (First and Last)
[b]Age:[/b] (10-20)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b] (Leave blank for now)
[b]Class&Year:[/b] (Select Class from: DuskGold, DawnSilver, DarkBlack and PureWhite)
[b]Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):[/b]
[b]Weapon(s):[/b]
[b]Pokemon/summon(s):[/b] (No Legendaries/Dragon summons (if under 15 for latter))
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]

Name, Age and Gender are quite simple and pretty much explain themselves. Since this RP is set in a school, I require your character's first and last names. It can be as (reasonably) imaginitive as you like (just don't go with a name that's really whacked out/crazy). Age range is teens, since it's a high-school, with some drop-outs of 20-ish being allowed and mega geniuses of 10 allowed too. Make sure that your bio and Year fit with your age.

Rank - don't worry about that for now, I'll give you something to fill in that later.

Class&Year. The Class is your classgroup and your Years is the year you are in (regardless of this, everyone's first few posts are the Induction Tournament). Your age must correspond with your year.

Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies) are your powers. These are completely optional and you can have up to five separate categories of powers. However, if you have a weapon, this is reduced by one, the same applies to Pokemon/Summon. Some powers are learned through school, so, depending on your yeargroup, your powers might be slightly different than someone with the same power.

Weapon(s) are the weapons you carry. Your weapons can be combined with your powers and you can have up to three, although it is recommended that First Years only start out with one.

Pokemon/Summon(s) are your battle partners, per se. They help you out in fights, heal you and perhaps, depending on your power, even fuse with you, giving you more powers and abilities and such. You can have up to six pokemon, three summons or any combination between (Note: Each summon is worth two pokemon). In third year, you learn how to get your own summon, so that you can have a summon AND six pokemon.

Appearance - what your character looks like. Be it a picture or words, either is fine, just make it understandable. You can find good pictures at http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/

Bio is basically the character's personality and history rolled into one. Don't use over-used rubbish such as "kind and caring but will fight for friends", because that's boring. When you're filtering through loads of character sheet applications, that's the last thing you want to see, trust me. As long as you keep their bio fairly original, it's fine ^^.

Last edited by The Insanity Factor on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 am

Here's some examples for you:

Bad character application wrote:
Username: Dude-with-style
Player status: Intermediate
Name: Razzle Dazzle
Class&Year: PureWhite fifth year
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies): Power of teh Uber HAX, Kill by touch, fairy sparkles
Weapon(s): Samurai katana - as big and wide as my body
Pokemon/summon(s): Shaymin, Arceus, Giratina, Regigigas, Cresselia, Dialga, Darkrai
Wyvern summon
Appearance: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Af2b4bd828e290_full
Bio: Kind, respects people, is uber powerful, wants to be four star expert. Lives happily with family.
The only bit I'd accept of this is his appearance and gender. Let's show you the problems...

Quote :
Name: Razzle Dazzle
This is taking imagination too far. That's a silly name (imagine if YOU were called that and went to school here! You'd get teased a LOT).

Quote :
...Class&Year: PureWhite fifth year
No. Ten year olds are not allowed in fifth year. No exceptions, not even for a mega genius. Down to First year with you.

Quote :
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies): Power of teh Uber HAX, Kill by touch, fairy sparkles
I'll credit this in the fact that they didn't put down too many powers (they subtracted for the weapons and pokemon/summons as well). However, that's where the credit ends. Uber HAX? For starters, that's overpowered. Especially for a ten year old. And what exactly IS uber HAX?
Kill by touch is also overpowered. And it risks putting up the rating.
Fairy sparkles? Now you're taking it too far. Two overpowered powers and then this? That's pathetic (although it fits with the name). What exactly would it DO anyway?

Quote :
Weapon(s): Samurai katana - as big and wide as my body
Alright, a katana is okay, but it's a thin sword. What you have there is called a claymore.

Quote :
Pokemon/summon(s): Shaymin, Arceus, Giratina, Regigigas, Cresselia, Dialga, Darkrai
Wyvern summon
No, no, no, no, NO! What you have there is six pokemon, all Legendaries, AND a summon. Read the rules on this part. Plus the fact that a Wyvern is a dragon and you're a ten year old.

Quote :
Bio: Kind, respects people, is uber powerful, wants to be four star expert. Lives happily with family.
Alright, you can see the first problem here. "is uber powerful". Don't use the word uber, it's annoying. You're ten, you're not that powerful. If he lives happily, you don't need to include that.

Here's a better example...

Good character application wrote:
Username: The Prompter
Player status: Advanced
Name: Shikasho Nettaiya
Class&Year: DuskGold fifth year
Powers/Abilities: -Immense strength
-Detonation/Fire abilities
-Inability to age
Weapon: -Pocket blade
Pokemon/summon: -Tanto the Blaziken
-Kunai the Grovyle
-Shuriken the Zangoose
-Senbon the Sandslash
-Stag summon
Appearance: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay ShikamaruNara
Bio: Shikasho is a lazy guy who likes to sleep rather than do schoolwork. His inability to age was given to him by his best friend a month ago as a reward for actually passing his test - for once. Shikasho doesn't like to fight but he is quite fond of tearing up buildings.
This is a well-balanced character sheet which probably took some time to think up. The age matches the year, the bio is balanced and nice to read, the name is normal, the abilities are balanced... an all-round good character application.
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:03 am

Now, here's my main character application...

My character wrote:
Username: TIF
Player status: Expert (aka Newbie Advice Line)
Name: Jynx Middata
Class&Year: DuskGold Third Year
Powers/Abilities: -All elemental kinesis
-Possession
-Legendary summoning
Weapons: -Multi-weapon rod
-Multi-weapon small blades
Pokemon/summon(s): -Houndoom
-Gardevoir
-Umbreon
-Espeon
-Elemental cat summon
Appearance: Jynx has various different appearances, depending on her mood. These are different "modes".
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Bio: Jynx is a strange one. She appears to have many different personalities and an appearance for all of them. She is sometimes kind and helpful, happy or cheery, but sometimes she is serious, mouthy or sad.

She's attending Third Year of Garnet High at the moment. Her brother, Schvaeley, is attending Fifth Year, as is her best friend, Shikasho.

Not much is known about her past. All that's known is she's related to the man who locked the powers inside the castle 1000 years ago.

Last edited by The Insanity Factor on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:07 am

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453240818

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay DuskGold_Students_by_Jymaru

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay First_Years_DG_by_Jymaru
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Second_Years_DG_by_Jymaru
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Third_Years_DG_by_Jymaru
The Insanity Factor wrote:
Player status: Expert (aka Newbie Advice Line)
Name: Jynx Middata
Class&Year: DuskGold Third Year
Powers/Abilities:

All kinesis
    Possession
    Legendary summoning

Weapons:

Multi-weapon rod
    Multi-weapon small blades

Pokemon/summon(s):

Houndoom
    Gardevoir
    Umbreon
    Espeon
    Elemental cat summon

Appearance: Jynx has various different appearances, depending on her mood. These are different "modes".
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Bio: Jynx is a strange one. She appears to have many different personalities and an appearance for all of them. She is sometimes kind and helpful, happy or cheery, but sometimes she is serious, mouthy or sad.

She's attending Third Year of Garnet High at the moment. Her brother, Schvaeley, is attending Fifth Year, as is her best friend, Shikasho.

Not much is known about her past. All that's known is she's related to the man who locked the powers inside the castle 1000 years ago.

Like Schvae, she can summon Suzaku.
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Fourth_Years_DG_by_Jymaru
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Fifth_Years_DG_by_Jymaru
Player status: Expert
Name: Shikasho Nettaiya
Class&Year: DuskGold Fifth Year
Powers/Abilities:

Immense strength
    Detonation/Fire abilities
    Inability to age

Weapon:

Pocket blade

Pokemon/summon:

Tanto the Blaziken
    Kunai the Grovyle
    Shuriken the Zangoose
    Senbon the Sandslash
    Stag summon

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio: Shikasho is a lazy guy who likes to sleep rather than do schoolwork. His inability to age was given to him by his best friend a month ago as a reward for actually passing his test - for once. Shikasho doesn't like to fight but he is quite fond of tearing up buildings.
Name: Schvaeley Middata
Class&Year: DuskGold Fifth Year
Powers/Abilities:

All kinds of "sight"
    Advanced healing
    Power transfer

Weapons:

Claymore
    Five-blade tsukiyomi
    Katana

Pokemon/summon(s):

Electrode
    Manetric
    Elemental Cat Summon
    Phoenix Summon

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio: Schvaeley is lax and carefree. His best friend is Shikasho. They go to all their classes together.

He is Jynx's older brother. Neither of them know much about their past for some reason. He is also a descendant of the creator of Garnet High.

Like Jynx, he can also summon Suzaku.
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Sixth_Years_DG_by_Jymaru

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay DawnSilver_Students_by_Jymaru

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay First_Years_DS_by_Jymaru
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Second_Years_DS_by_Jymaru
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453254406
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453254136
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453254042
Nermal wrote:
Username: Nermal
Player status: Newbie.
Name: Lamren Monesh.
Class&Year: DawnSilver Fifth Year.
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):

Isokinesis (is a kinesis that effects the senses, heightening reaction time)
    Solarkinesis (is manipulation of the sun)

Weapon(s):

Bow and Arrow
    Sword (Claymore)
    Shield

Pokemon/summon(s): Blastiose, Typhlosion, Torterra, Gengar, Steelix and Pidgeot.
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Bio: Lamren was brought up to care for nature and his close family and friends. He was always popular in his educational establishments, and he is easy going; friendly and helpful. When Lamren has a goal in his mind, he will always give the job 100%, no matter what the circumstances are. He is highly skilled with his weapons; (His dad used to be a warrior) and he has very deep relationships with his pokemon. They are faithful to him, and try their best to assist him in whatever job they do. Their bond is unbreakable, Much like Lamrens' dedication to the tasks which he faces. Lastly, he always has a formal, yet smart dress code, and he is a hit with the ladies.
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453251121
Strata wrote:
Username: Strata-chan
Player status: Newbie
Name: Lauren Strata
Class&Year: DawnSilver Sixth Year
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):

Reality Twist
    Elemental Kinesis
    Super Stamina

Weapon(s):

Bayonet
    Two silver pistols

Pokemon/summon(s):

Gardevoir
    Gallade
    Kirlia
    Wolf Summon
    Eagle Summon

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio: Lauren comes from a base-line industry. However, she met a boy called Shikasho Nettaiya and he encouraged her to join Garnet High to learn about her powers. She's almost always seen with an irritated expression on her face. She secretly loves Shikasho but won't tell him because it seems that he loves Jynx.
powerrave wrote:
Username: powerrave (PR)
Name: Steve Lilo
Class&Year: DawnSilver Sixth Year
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):

Super Speed, Strength and Durability
    Invisibility
    Orakinesis (manipulation of sight)

Weapon(s):

cybernetic implant in his right arm
    cybernetic left eye

Pokemon/summon(s):

Shedinja

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio/History: Steve first lived in Liberty City. He went to school there and had a few friends. But, as things became more dangerous, he lost is friends in a shoot-out from a gang-war, the Mafia got to his parents which didn't end well. He was flown over to a different country where he would be a bit safer. But, unfortunately, things weren't that safe. After a few attacks on the town he lived in, Steve was wounded on his right arm and left eye. He was flown over to Japan where he got a cybernetic eye and a cybernetic implant in his arm. After that, he was send to a special school. There he noticed that there were strange creatures called pokemon. He found a Shedinja who was dumped by a previous trainer. Steve decided to take care of it as he was going to the new school.

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay DarkBlack_Students_by_Jymaru

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453243637
CocaCola-chan wrote:
Username: CocaCola-chan
Player status: Intermediate
Name: Kris Strata
Class&Year: DarkBlack First Year
Powers/Abilities:

Cell Manipulation
    Hydrokinesis
    Lukinesis

Weapon(s):

Steel rings

Pokemon/summon(s):

Sandslash
    Clefable
    Togekiss
    Masquerain
    Bird of Paradise Summon

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio: Kris is a kid genius who was accepted into Garnet High purely for her test results. She chose DarkBlack for her house because it sounded fun. She is Lauren's younger sister. Her choice of house means that they don't see each other often, but they hardly would anyway. She's bright and cheery and surprises the other newbies with her amazingly developed powers.
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453243717
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453243794
chaosmancer wrote:
Username: chaosmancer
Name: Chaos Darkblaze
Class&Year: DarkBlack Third Year
Powers/Abilities:

Elemental kinesis
    Levitation
    Weapons summon

Weapons:

Dual swords
    Throwing knives

Pokemon/summon:

Chaos Dragon summon
    Pikachu
    Lucario
    Piplup
    Cyndaquil

Appearance: Black spiky hair, eyes that look evil, sometimes wears a hood, a dark red and dark blue T-shirt with what looks like spikes going in a cross shape across his chest, wears tracksuit bottoms which are ripped a third of the way up the leg.
Bio: He joined the DarkBlack class as he felt it was the only place he could belong. Silent and secluded, always in deep thought, but is kind when you get to know him. Seems like a monster when in the heat of battle. Has a strong impenetrable will and never gives up easily. The chaos dragon is more like a familiar that found him. He is a kickboxing blackbelt. He can also summon Aakazu, the youngest Ganetto Guardian
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453243893
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453244033
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453244113
Salaina wrote:
Username: Salaina
Name: Salaina Sin
Class&Year: DarkBlack Sixth Year
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):

Ice manifestation and manipulation
    Telepathy
    Teleportation

Weapon(s):

Rose dart, that transforms into a rose whip. Its controlled via telekinesis.

Pokemon/summon(s):

Hell hound decked in full black armor

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio: Salaina started out as a bounty hunter after her tragic enslaved childhood. She vowed to do all she could to rid the world of such evil. As she spent her child years training for her goal she discovered a need for a balance in good and evil. She still used her skills to fight off crime, but could care less about its origin, fairness, ect. She learned to adopt a neutral attitude. Her skill as a bounty hunter led her to become very good with any kind of weapon. Soon though she abandoned bounty hunting for search of something better. She spent several years searching for that something. Dabbling in magic, weapons, meditation, technology, and anything else she thought useful. She still searches for that useful thing.

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453242343

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453242573
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453242660
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453242753
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453242805
Flying_Chao wrote:
Username: Flying_Chao
Player status: Expert (BIGGEST JUMP IN HISTORY OMG)
Name: Tomacina Danielle Orianita
Class&Year: PureWhite, Fourth Year
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies): Invisibility, Teleportation (Short Range)
Weapon(s):

M4A1 Carbine (With Grenade Launcher and Telescope Sight)
    Steyr TMP (Silenced)
    Combat Knife

Pokemon/summon(s):

Lytrosi the Ariados
    Scizor
    Giant Winged Scorpion (Red and Black, Single Green Eye)

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio: Tomacina's father was the most well liked police officer in Traceburg, except by the criminals he captured, of course. It was one of these criminals (originally arrested for speeding) who escaped from jail and vowed revenge. His revenge was the cause of the deaths of Tomacina's parents and sister. She herself was only able to survive because she had suddenly teleported away from the rampaging maniac with a machine gun. The man escaped and was never found by the police, and Tomacina was sent to a far away orphanage. There she tried to remember how she as able to survive, as teleporting seemed absurd. Within weeks, someone came to the orphanage, and told her there was a school for people like her. That was when she agreed to attend her first year at Garnet High. However, to this day, she believes she could have saved the lives of her family members if she hadn't been too focused on saving herself, and also has a personal vandetta against people who don't follow rules.
Tomacina tends to keep to herself, and enjoys reading. She never talks to anyone, prefering her
own company over that of other humans. She is very diligent in doing her schoolwork, especially if it is
science or math related. When she isn't doing schoolwork or reading, than she is probably trying out a
"science experiment" or training the abilities of her pokemon. She avoids people not only because
she is shy, but because she has issues with trusting anyone (this is also why she has a hidden knife with her at all times). She also has her Ariados(former Spinarak) keep watch over the room while she is asleep. She is good at being the "teacher's pet" though, usually talking with her teachers instead of her peers, if she talks at all.
Prompty-san wrote:

Username: Prompty-san
Name: Rushimaru Kousaka
Class&Year: PureWhite Fourth Year
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):

Illusions
    Non-elemental kinesis
    Spirit caller

Weapon(s):

A sword. That is all.

Pokemon/summon(s):

Ledian

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio: Rushimaru had wandered for all of his life. From family to family, place to place. But then a voice came to him in a dream. It was a warm voice of flame - the voice of the Ganetto Guardian Suzaku. It told him to go to Garnet High and learn about his mysterious powers.
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453242860
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453242906

Last edited by The Insanity Factor on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:54 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 am

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453240947

DuskGold Third Year NPCs
Jovilyn Motokino
Amit Diamond
Achmed Blade
Sjonn Egryc
Akhi Mhira
Rik Mantel
Ranto Charm
Sickle Charm

Last edited by The Insanity Factor on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:15 am

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Cooltext453241078

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Beginner_by_Jymaru
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Intermediate_by_Jymaru
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Advanced_by_Jymaru
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Expert_by_Jymaru

Last edited by The Insanity Factor on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flying_Chao

Flying_Chao

Character sheet
Name: Colonel Tomacina Danielle Orianita

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:41 pm

I am confused. What does dawnsilver and the other colors mean? And if this is High School, why is there six years?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametechmods.com
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:43 pm

The colours are the houses.

Where I live (Scotland), the school program is from S1 to S6 - aka six years.
Back to top Go down
powerrave

powerrave

Name : Pet Rock

Character sheet
Name: hikaru kousaka

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 pm

may join, not sure how it all works tho.
Back to top Go down
Strata

Strata

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 am

OMFG I AM SO GOING TO JOIN

Username: Strata-chan (Who else?)
Player status: I AM A NEWBIE! W00T!
Name: RAZZLE DAZZLE FTW! (Lol... Lauren Strata)
Rank: FOUR STAR EXPERT OMFG (Just kidding. Blank, right?)
Class&Year: OMFG HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE!? (DawnSilver Sixth Year)
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies): POWER OF TEH UBER HAX!!!! (No, seriously... Reality Twist, Elemental Kinesis, Super Stamina)
Weapon(s): A CLAYMORE AS THIN AS A PENCIL BUT MORE POWERFUL THAN ICHI'S BANKAI!!! (Oh, come on... Bayonet and two pistols)
Pokemon/summon(s): ARCEUS!!!!!!! (HELL NO! Gardevoir, Gallade, Kirlia, Wolf Summon, Eagle Summon)
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Bio: Lauren comes from a base-line industry. However, she met a boy called Shikasho Nettaiya and he encouraged her to join Garnet High to learn about her powers. She's almost always seen with an irritated expression on her face. She secretly loves Shikasho but won't tell him because it seems that he loves Jynx.

Code:
[quote="Strata"][b]Username:[/b] Strata-chan
[b]Player status:[/b] Newbie
[b]Name:[/b] Lauren Strata
[b]Age:[/b] 19
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Class&Year:[/b] DawnSilver Sixth Year
[b]Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):[/b]
[list]
Reality Twist
Elemental Kinesis
Super Stamina
[/list]
[b]Weapon(s):[/b]
[list]
Bayonet
Two silver pistols
[/list]
[b]Pokemon/summon(s):[/b]
[list]
Gardevoir
Gallade
Kirlia
Wolf Summon
Eagle Summon
[/list]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [spoiler][img]http://img98.animecharactersdatabase.com:81/uploads/1847163381.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
[b]Bio:[/b] Lauren comes from a base-line industry. However, she met a boy called Shikasho Nettaiya and he encouraged her to join Garnet High to learn about her powers. She's almost always seen with an irritated expression on her face. She secretly loves Shikasho but won't tell him because it seems that he loves Jynx.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 am

OMFG A WILLING SUBJECT!

Accepted! Welcome to Garnet High, Lauren!
Back to top Go down
powerrave

powerrave

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:34 am

powerrave wrote:
may join, not sure how it all works tho.
good thing no-one cares to give a little explanation.
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:38 am

It's a plotless RP which has a plot.

It's pretty lax.

Newbies like Strata can join and the people higher up more experienced than them can help them with things.

Oh, I also made it so you can never be godmodded, Mr Old-school-kun.

But there's various types of RP within one.

It's basically an RP set in a school.

The first part will be Battle RP, to determine the ranks.

So we're in a series of fights and we RP about them.

It's really simple really
Back to top Go down
powerrave

powerrave

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:41 am

i was never asking for that. i can read -_-'
i don't know how the school here works. they don't have it like that in the netherlands as far as i know.
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 am

Oh

Year 1 is 14 years olds. (Plus the geniuses under that age - oh, and 13 is also an acceptable average age)

Year 6 is 19 year olds. (and 20... and the genius people)

The houses are based on the house set from Harry Potter, 'cept with no selection process - the kids choose for themselves.

The ranks is how powerful you seem to be - I judge that on quality of posts.
Back to top Go down
Strata

Strata

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:37 am

OMFG A WILLING SUBJECT!

Accepted! Welcome to Garnet High, Lauren!

OMFG THANKYOU SO MUCH!

I WILL BE A GOOD TEST SUBJECT! I will do my best to be good at this ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 pm

(Leave blank for now)
Class&Year: DawnSilver, Fifth Year.
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):Isokinesis (is a kinesis that effects the senses, heightening reaction time)
Solarkinesis (is manipulation of the sun).
Weapon(s):Bow and Arrow, Sword (Claymore) and a Shield.
Pokemon/summon(s): Blastiose, Typhlosion, Torterra, Gengar, Steelix and Pidgeot.
Appearance:
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Subaru_Andou

Bio: Lamren, was brought up to care for nature, and his close family and friends. He was always popular in his educational establishments, and he is easy going; Friendly and helpful. When Lamren has a goal in his mind, he will always give the job 100%, no matter what the circumstances are. He is highly skilled with his weapons; (His dad used to be a warrior) and he has very deep relationships with his pokemon. They are faithful to him, and try their best to assist him in whatever job they do. Their bond is unbreakable, Much like Lamrens' dedication to the tasks which he faces. Lastly, he always has a formal, yet smart dress code, and he is a hit with the ladies.
Back to top Go down
powerrave

powerrave

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 am

Player status: online... ... ... expert... something like that...
Class&Year: DawnSilver, sixth year thing.
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies): he has a cybernetic left eye that allows him to see perfectly in the dark. he also can see pretty far with it.
Weapon(s): cybernetic implant in his right arm which can make him very fast, very strong, as hard as titanium or invisible.
Pokemon/summon(s): shedinja
Appearance: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Harumi_Ayase
Bio/History: Steve first lived in Liberty City. he went to school there and had a few friends. but as things became more dangerous, he lost is friends in a shoot-out from a gang-war, the Mafia got to his parents which didn't end well. he was flown over to a different country where he would be a bit safer. but unfortunately, things weren't that safe. after a few attacks on the town he lived in, Steve was wounded on his right arm and left eye. he was flown over to Japan where he got a cybernetic eye and a cybernetic implant in his arm. after that, he was send to a special school. there he noticed that there were strange creatures called pokemon. he found a shedinja who was dumped by a previous trainer. Steve decided to take care of it as he was going to the new school.

newbie is a word.

also a warning here. the rules may say that godmodding is allowed in this RP at some points, but i will not allow anyone to godmod my character! i do not care how long a post may be, if my character gets godmodded in a post, the entire post will be replaced with the ragetoon!

you may now understand that i hate godmodding.

Last edited by powerrave on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 am

Nermal wrote:
Class&Year: DawnSilver, Fifth Year.
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies):Isokinesis (is a kinesis that effects the senses, heightening reaction time)
Solarkinesis (is manipulation of the sun).
Weapon(s):Bow and Arrow, Sword (Claymore) and a Shield.
Appearance:
Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Subaru_Andou

Bio: Lamren was brought up to care for nature and his close family and friends. He was always popular in his educational establishments, and he is easy going; friendly and helpful. When Lamren has a goal in his mind, he will always give the job 100%, no matter what the circumstances are. He is highly skilled with his weapons; (His dad used to be a warrior) and he has very deep relationships with his pokemon. They are faithful to him, and try their best to assist him in whatever job they do. Their bond is unbreakable, Much like Lamrens' dedication to the tasks which he faces. Lastly, he always has a formal, yet smart dress code, and he is a hit with the ladies.

Accepted~! ^^

Congratulations, Lamren, welcome to Garnet High!

powerrave wrote:
Class&Year: DawnSilver, sixth year thing.
Power(s)/Abilit(y/ies): he has a cybernetic left eye that allows him to see perfectly in the dark. he also can see pretty far with it.
Weapon(s): cybernetic implant in his right arm which can make him very fast, very strong, as hard as titanium or invisible.
Pokemon/summon(s): shedinja
Appearance: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay Harumi_Ayase
Bio/History: Steve first lived in Liberty City. he went to school there and had a few friends. but as things became more dangerous, he lost is friends in a shoot-out from a gang-war, the Mafia got to his parents which didn't end well. he was flown over to a different country where he would be a bit safer. but unfortunately, things weren't that safe. after a few attacks on the town he lived in, Steve was wounded on his right arm and left eye. he was flown over to Japan where he got a cybernetic eye and a cybernetic implant in his arm. after that, he was send to a special school. there he noticed that there were strange creatures called pokemon. he found a shedinja who was dumped by a previous trainer. Steve decided to take care of it as he was going to the new school.

also a warning here. the rules may say that godmodding is allowed in this RP at some points, but i will not allow anyone to godmod my character! i do not care how long a post may be, if my character gets godmodded in a post, the entire post will be replaced with the ragetoon!

you may now understand that i hate godmodding.

Some random crap that I'm sure I wrote the other day but no one ever even glances at wrote:
WARNING! You are not, I repeat NOT allowed to godmod and Expert's character. EVER.

I made that rule for you, you fool.

Anyway, accepted.

Congratulations, Steve, welcome to Garnet High!
Back to top Go down
powerrave

powerrave

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:35 am

that must have been added later on as i haven't seen it. and also, i tested you a bit. you were not allowed to accept my char as the word 'newbie' is NOT in my post.

i will put it in my original post now, but not in your quote of it so that you can see for yourself.
Back to top Go down
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:36 am

I can't not accept you. You know why.
Back to top Go down
powerrave

powerrave

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 am

no matter who fills in a character sheet, the host must always stick to the rules.

as for what i know about it: if the RP host doesn't stick to the rules, why should we?

that kind of crap can come out of it. and now i think of it, this is also a pretty good lesson for anyone new to this that everyone should stick to the rules.
Back to top Go down
Flying_Chao

Flying_Chao

Character sheet
Name: Colonel Tomacina Danielle Orianita

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:49 pm

I have filled out a character sheet for this, but I don't know if it's good enough... Plus I'm still confused about how the battle system will work. Also, where does this take place? In a fictional or real location, what country or continent etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametechmods.com
H

H

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:38 am

Flying_Chao wrote:
I have filled out a character sheet for this, but I don't know if it's good enough... Plus I'm still confused about how the battle system will work. Also, where does this take place? In a fictional or real location, what country or continent etc.?

The battle system will work in a way that I call "thatch posts". I'll show you an example.

Shikasho vs Lauren - Strata wrote:
This was majorly pissing her off. Why she had to fight Shikasho, she had no idea. But she had to.

'Alright then,' she said, 'If I have to... here I come!'

She drew her bayonet and channelled her power through it, enabling reality twist. She didn't want to, but she had to.

She rushed at Shikasho and swung the bayonet forcefully, firing three shots as she did so.

Shikasho vs Lauren - TIF wrote:
Shikasho didn't like this either. He could see from her expression that Lauren wasn't too pleased.

He prepared himself by activating the Shiro in his arms. The markings stretched down to about midway down his upper arms and twisted off at his elbows. This would help to block any oncoming attacks.

He dodged all three shots and narrowly avoided the blade.

Therefore, the first part of Shikasho vs Lauren, with Strata as blue and me as gold would look like this (from order and perspective)

Shikasho vs Lauren wrote:
This was majorly pissing her off. Why she had to fight Shikasho, she had no idea. But she had to.

Shikasho didn't like this either. He could see from her expression that Lauren wasn't too pleased.

'Alright then,' she said, 'If I have to... here I come!'

She drew her bayonet and channelled her power through it, enabling reality twist. She didn't want to, but she had to.

He prepared himself by activating the Shiro in his arms. The markings stretched down to about midway down his upper arms and twisted off at his elbows. This would help to block any oncoming attacks.

She rushed at Shikasho and swung the bayonet forcefully, firing three shots as she did so.

He dodged all three shots and narrowly avoided the blade.

Each action can either be numbered or separated by a line space. The person who posts after you reacts to your attacks in the same style and retaliates, if needs be.

No stats involved.

And this is based in a fictional location somewhere in Europe. On a small island. Not many people know of it, hence the reason Pokemon are there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay   Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble at Bay - Beginners' RolePlay
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next